- Outstanding Educator and Employee- We believe we have Outstanding Educators and Employees at Penn Manor High School. Think so too? Please take a moment to nominate someone special from PMHS. Nominations are now being accepted for the Penn Manor 2021-2022 Outstanding Educator/Employee Awards program.
- The school district will present the awards later this year to teachers and staff members who go above and beyond in serving our students, parents, and staff. Nominations are being accepted until February 28, 2022, from Penn Manor parents/guardians, students, and colleagues of district staff members.
- Please click here to submit a nomination. Use one form for each nominee.
- The Outstanding Educator Awards should be based on a teacher’s ability to promote academic growth in her/his students and for outstanding pupil-teacher relationships. A person may nominate one elementary teacher, one secondary teacher or one teacher on each level. The nominee must currently be employed by Penn Manor School District.
- Nominations for the Outstanding Employee Awards should be based on the staff member’s ability to support the educational program and the quality of his/her relationships with staff and students. A person may nominate one elementary staff member, one secondary staff member or one employee on each level. The nominee must currently be employed by Penn Manor.
- Below are an explanation of the awards, guidelines, and a list of previous recipients, who are not eligible for awards this year.
Congratulations to the January Students of the Month! They were nominated and chosen by the teachers and staff of Penn Manor for exhibiting outstanding educational traits.
This month’s winners are
Freshman: Julian Torres, Sophomore: Carly Railing, Junior: Benedict Flinchbaugh and Senior: Cecily Charles
Congratulations to this month’s winners!
Course Selection Night
Penn Manor High School
Thursday, February 10, 2022 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
All Penn Manor High School students and parents/guardians are invited to attend this year’s Course Selection Night. Course Selection Night is an opportunity for students and parents/guardians to hear a presentation on the Course Selection process and to meet with members of academic and elective departments to ask questions and to gain an understanding of course offerings. This evening is extremely beneficial for incoming freshmen and new students.
Incoming freshmen and new students should plan on attending a short presentation in the auditorium at 6:30 p.m. Following the presentation, students entering grades 9-12 and their parents/guardians will have the chance to tour the new high school building to meet with faculty members at the following locations:
Agriculture – Main level outside of room C245
Art – Lower level outside of the Art Studio (Room C117)
Counseling – Lower level outside of the Counseling Office
English – Upper level outside of room C309
Family and Consumer Science – Upper level outside of room C343
World Language – Lower level outside of room C110
Gifted – Lower level outside of Gifted Suite room B133
Applied Engineering, Technology, & Business – Main level in the STEM lobby
Learning Support – Main level outside of room C209
Library – Main level in the Media Center
Math – Main level outside of room C210
Music – Main level outside of room B218
Physical Education – Main level outside of the auditorium
Science – Main level in the STEM lobby
Social Studies – Upper level outside of room C346
The course selection window will open on Friday, February 11th. Check out the information under the Students Tab to learn more about the course selection process.
Penn Manor School District is seeking feedback from parents, students, staff and community members to help determine how the school district should best utilize funding made available through the American Rescue Plan (ARP).
Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funding is available through the ARP to Penn Manor for one-time or short-term expenditures to address the impact of the pandemic on our students and schools.
We invite you to complete a brief survey to help the district prioritize how this funding should be used.
Click here to take the survey, which will be open through Friday, February 11, 2022.
The Civitas club is hosting the Winter Formal dance this Saturday, January 29th from 7-10pm at the Penn Manor High School cafeteria. If you are interested in attending you must buy your tickets at lunch or before school on either Thursday, January 27th or Friday, January 28th in the cafeteria. Tickets are $10. If you wish to bring a guest from another school you must also turn in a guest verification form. We hope to see you at this fun and charitable event. All proceeds go to scholarships and charities in our community.
Penn Manor High School’s “Meet the Teacher Night” will be held on Thursday, January 27, 2022, from 6:00-8:00 pm. We are back to having this event in person. “Meet the Teacher Night” is a drop-in style format. Parents are invited to come into school to meet their student’s teachers and see the classrooms. This event is an open house format, so individual student conferences are not allowed. Teachers will give an overview of their course requirements and expectations. You will also be able to stop into the media center to ask any questions you may have about the new Act 158 graduation requirements.
Parking is available in the front of the building or on the parking deck in the back of the building. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Baron H. Jones
Congratulations to the December Students of the Month! They were nominated and chosen by the teachers and staff of Penn Manor for exhibiting outstanding educational traits.
This month’s winners are:
Freshman: Emmy Pham, Sophomore: Keira Stigelman, Junior: Erin Shipley and Senior: Andrew Ament
Congratulations to this month’s winners!
Each year the Penn Manor Education Foundation (PMEF) is able to give out over $70,000 in scholarships to Penn Manor seniors. PMEF uses Kaleidoscope as a platform to streamline the scholarship application process and it is now open! Seniors may now apply at https://apply.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarships/PennManor22