Please join us on Wednesday, August 15th at 6 PM in the East Gym for a pre-season athletic meeting.
All fall, winter and spring athletes, parents and coaches should attend a meeting to kick off the school year. This informative meeting will discuss various topics related to our athletic programs present and future.
- PM Athletics Mission Statement
- Athletic Commitment to Excellence
- In Season Strength Training Program
- PMSD & Athletic Financial Issues
- Collegiate Recruiting
Orientation for new students is scheduled for Thursday, August 9 at 9:00 AM or 6:30 PM. The orientation will begin in the high school auditorium with a brief introductory session. Attendees will then take part in three sessions where academic expectations, general guidelines and counseling services will be discussed. After the sessions, attendees will be able to tour the building to locate their classrooms. Be sure to bring your schedules with you to orientation.
If you have any questions, please contact the school office at Penn Manor High School (717) 872-9520.
Seniors who wish to sign-up for parking can do so on August 8 (1-3 PM) or August 14 (9-11 AM) in the Central Complex. Please bring the following items with you:
- Driver’s license
- Current registration/owner’s card
- Current insurance card
- Cash or check for $20.00 payable to Penn Manor School District
- a signed drug screening consent form will also be needed. Seniors can pick up the drug screening consent form during parking sign-up. This form, which must be signed by both student and parent, must be returned to the HS office by the first day of school or the student may not park on the property. If your name is already in the drug screen pool from 2011-2012, you need not submit a new form.
- Remember, graduation projects should be complete. To be eligible for a parking permit, you will need to make sure you have completed the career matchmaker quiz, reviewed and saved three schools or training institutes to your portfolio and updated your resume on Career Cruising. For more information visit the graduation project blog at http://blogs.pennmanor.net/graduationproject/class-of-2013.
Juniors may sign up for remaining spots during the first week of school.
Juniors may pick up a drug screening consent form on the first day of school. These must be signed by both student and parent and returned when purchasing a parking tag during lunches. Juniors should refer to the “what to bring” list in order to be able to purchase a parking pass.
Lifetouch will be at the High School on Thursday, August 2, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. If you were unable to attend your previously scheduled appointment for senior pictures, watch for a mailing from Lifetouch with your new appointment time. In order for your picture to appear in the yearbook, your photo must be taken by Lifetouch.
Student schedules will be mailed mid-July.
Student Schedule Change request days will be August 6, 7, 15 and 16 from 8:00 AM until 2:00 PM in the HS Counseling Office. All non-error/preferential requests for schedule changes will be addressed and made based upon approval and availability on these dates only.
If you have an error on your schedule please email your school counselor or call the counseling office at 872-9520 ext. 1820 and leave a message. Your counselor will get back to you when he/she returns to the office.
Sports physicals will be available at the high school for $20.00. Student athletes must bring the PIAA Physical.revised.3.22.12 to be completed during the physical.
WHO: All Penn Manor High School/Junior High Athletes
WHAT: School Physical for Athletics
WHEN: June 12 & August 1, 2012–Students may come any time between 8 AM — 11 AM.
WHERE: Nurse’s Office at Penn Manor High School
COST: $20.00 per athlete–checks made payable to Dr. Jon Ichter
One physical is good for the year. This physical must be performed after June 1. Please contact Jeff Roth, Athletic Director, at 872-9520 x1367 with questions.
Thursday, June 7 — school begins at 7:40 (regular time).
Dismissal at 10:30 AM
Have a safe and enjoyable summer! Check back here for updates during the summer months.
Graduation will be held at the Alumni Sports and Fitness Center of Franklin and Marshall College, on June 5, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. for seating. With the exception of a reserved section for handicap seating and honored guests, seating is on a first come basis. Everyone in attendance must present a ticket in order to enter the ceremony. Tickets were distributed to students at the end of commencement practice on June 4. Please refer to the F&M Event-parking map of the campus of Franklin and Marshall College for parking information. Lots I, K and the Armstrong Parking Lot are the main lots available that evening. There is on street parking and other lots on campus that will be available. Please give consideration to traffic and parking arrangements when planning your departure time.
The graduation ceremony is a formal ceremony that marks an important event in each student’s life. In order for this to occur, we need the cooperation of every member of the Class of 2012 and each person in attendance. For most, the highlight of the ceremony is the presentation of the diplomas. During this time, it is important that everyone present refrain from making any cheers or noises that will distract from a student’s names being heard. Once all students have received their diploma, a time of celebration will be included in the program.
- All students are to report to the high school by 5:15 p.m. on June 5. All students are required to ride the bus to the ceremony. Please plan accordingly to ensure that each student arrives at the high school by 5:15 p.m. Students should make sure they have their gown, cap, tassel and victory hood. There are no extra items, so students should take great care in making sure all items are in their possession.
- Students are not permitted to have cell phones, cameras, other electronic devices, or sunglasses during the ceremony. Because access to the high school will not be available after the ceremony students will not be permitted to leave anything in the high school. It is strongly recommended that all valuables are left at home, locked in their car or given to parents.
- At 6:00 p.m., students will board buses to travel to Franklin and Marshall College for the commencement ceremony. After the ceremony is completed, students are not expected to return to the high school. Diplomas will be distributed immediately after the ceremony on the second floor of the Alumni Center. There will be one bus that will return to the high school for those students who need transportation.
Again this year, Penn Manor High School will be televising the commencement ceremony on the internet. Directions for this will be posted on the district website. It is with great excitement that we make preparations for this year’s commencement. Your cooperation and support is greatly appreciated in making the commencement memorable and successful. Please do not hesitate to contact the high school if you have any questions.