Penn Manor High School believes student success is dependent upon regular attendance.
- Students who are returning from an absence must bring their excuse note to the counseling office any time during the day.
- Students who are tardy after 7:45 AM need to report to the main office for an admit slip before going to their first block class.
- Students are responsible for make-up work missed during an absence.
- Students who arrive to school after 1:11 PM will be marked as a full day’s absence.
Due to the importance of attending school regularly, students with excessive absences may be required to have a doctor’s note following any absence once 11 absence dates have accumulated for the year. An excuse must be presented to the attendance office within 3 days or the absence will be recorded as unexcused. If the parent/guardian fails to do so, the absent date(s) will be listed as either unlawful or unexcused (depending upon age).
Consequences for unexcused or unlawful absences and tardies can be found in the handbook. Please see our attendance note sheet for more information.
The Pre-PlannedTrip-Form must be completed five days prior to the trip for approval. Please submit these requests to the attendance office.
Is my Child Truant? Click on the link for more information regarding truancy and attendance.
Perfect attendance is defined as:
- No Tardies
- No Absences
- No Early Dismissals
- No Pre-planned Trips
- No instances of being sent Home Ill by Nurse
Students must be in block 1 daily by 7:40 AM for attendance.
Dismissal will be from block 4 at 2:45 PM.
For more information contact:
Mrs. Stacy Sullenberger
(717) 872-9520 ext: 1824