Penn Manor High School believes student success is dependent upon regular attendance.
- Students who are returning from an absence may bring their excuse note to the attendance officer any time during the day.
- Students who are tardy after 7:45 AM need to report to the attendance officer for an admit slip before going to their first block class.
- Students are responsible for make-up work missed during an absence.
- Students who arrive to school after 1:11 PM will be marked as a full day’s absence.
Due to the importance of attending school regularly, students with excessive absences may be required to have a doctor’s note following any absence once 11 absence dates have accumulated for the year. An excuse must be presented to the attendance office within 3 days or the absence will be recorded as unexcused. If the parent/guardian fails to do so, the absent date(s) will be listed as either unlawful or unexcused (depending upon age).
Consequences for unexcused or unlawful absences and tardies can be found in the handbook. Please see our attendance note sheet for more information.
A Pre-Planned Trip Form must be completed five days prior to the trip for approval. Please see the directions for submitting a Pre-Planned trip through Sapphire. ppt instructions
Is my Child Truant? Click on the link for more information regarding truancy and attendance.
Perfect attendance is defined as:
- No Tardies
- No Absences
- No Early Dismissals
- No Pre-planned Trips
- No instances of being sent Home Ill by Nurse