Students and parents of the Class of 2020:
Please read this entire post carefully. There are links and time-sensitive information concerning the virtual commencement ceremony and post-graduation plans.
As we make plans to celebrate the Penn Manor Class of 2020, we want to ensure that students who ordered graduation caps and gowns have them in time for the virtual commencement ceremony. This will give families the opportunity for photographs and videos with their graduate. Although our virtual commencement plans are still in the works, students should have their caps and gowns in their original condition ready for when those plans are finalized. We have developed a procedure for students to pick up their caps and gowns in a safe and orderly fashion.
When you receive your C&G:
- Please do not alter or decorate the cap or gown in any way.
- Please take all contents out of the packaging and make sure everything is present, including victory hood and tassel. Contact the high school if any parts are missing.
- Please hang the gown to eliminate wrinkles. Do not wash or iron the gown.
When is cap and gown pick-up?
- Thursday, May 7 (1-3 PM) – Students with last names A-L.
- Friday, May 8 (1-3 PM) – Students with last names M-Z.
- Monday, May 11 (10-12 PM) – Any students who were not able to pick up their cap and gown on a previously scheduled date.
Who can pick up caps and gowns?
- Students and/or an immediate family member.
- Additional specific arrangements can be made with Dr. D’Amico or Mr. Eby.
Where is the pick-up location
- Near the flagpole entrance to Penn Manor High School.
- Enter campus from Cottage Avenue. Turn at the first right after the sign board. Follow the loop around. Staff with caps and gowns will be stationed at the bottom of the stairs by the flagpole.
What safety precautions will be followed?
- Students and/or parents should stay in their vehicles the entire time.
- Students should have their last name written on a piece of paper to show to the school staff. This will help keep everyone safe and expedite the process.
- The cap and gown will be placed by a staff member in the rear of the vehicle (trunk, back seat).
- Staff members will be following all social distancing and safety guidelines.
Two important senior announcements:
- Please keep Wednesday, May 13 to Saturday, May 16, open on your calendar. We plan to begin filming students for our virtual graduation ceremony on those dates. More information to follow.
- Please fill out this form indicating your plans after high school. This is required data by the state of Pennsylvania. https://forms.gle/iBMy1zUUfcjRsB4B9 Please have this completed before picking up your cap and gown, ideally before Tuesday, May 5. If you have any questions, please contact your school counselor.
Baron H. Jones