PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
MAY 12, 2015, DAY 2
- FCA is cancelled for tomorrow morning 5/13/15 and 5/20/15 because of the modified schedule. We will see you for our final meeting of the year on 5/27.
- Attention all girls interested in playing for the volleyball team: The Penn Manor Girls’ Volleyball Team will be hosting an open gym this Wednesday, May 13th from 6:00PM to 8:00PM in the high school’s East Gym. All girls interested in playing for the team are asked to attend, or notify Coach Joyce if you cannot participate.
- Attention students that took a dual enrollment course this spring, please bring your final grade to the counseling office, so it can be entered in your final transcript. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Marsh in the counseling office.
- Anyone who is going to the prom: Please remember that you must submit a note from a parent in order to be excused early from school on Friday at the end of block 2 – please do that asap, ahead of time. Also – please plan to arrive at the Marriott at 5:00. Parking is included at the King Street Garage – you will need to SAVE THE TICKET that you receive as you enter the garage! When you arrive upstairs and check in, you will show us that garage entry ticket, and we will give you a voucher so that you do not need to pay when you leave the garage at the end of the night. Please arrive as close to 5:00 as possible – so that we have plenty of time to get everyone checked in, take photos, and be seated at the appropriate table in time for dinner to begin promptly. See Mrs. Mintzer or Mrs Sheerer with any questions.
- Don’t forget about the Hambright Senior Reception today at 3:45. Stop by and say hello to your former teachers and visit the new school.
- Internship students: be sure to attend a final meeting with Mr. Basile next week. The sign up sheet is available now.
- Attention work study seniors – please pick up your final evaluation sheet today. It is due back to the main office by May 20. This is a requirement for the course. Also – the last day for time sheets is May 20 as well. Again – work study final evaluation forms are due by May 20. Please pick them up in the main office ASAP.
- Congratulations to the Track and Field Team for their strong performances at the LL League Championships. Lindsey Lord was the League Champion in the 3200!
- Stop by the library this week to get a book to read while in Homeroom or Keystone testing. Remember, no electronic devices are permitted during test taking.
- Planning to attend CTC? Need help paying for your uniform or supplies? Stop by the counseling office to pick up financial aid application. Financial aid applications are due to back to the counseling office by June 5. Questions see your school counselor.
- Have you ever thought of becoming an Architect? If so The Catholic University of America in Washington D.C is offering a three-week intense workshop geared for high school students with an interest in sampling architectural studies at the university level. Make Washington D.C your classroom this summer. For more information see your School Counselor. The deadline for applications is May 15th.
- Attention Juniors planning to attend full day CTC during the 15-16 school year. You are required to present your graduation project prior to attending CTC. You will present your project at your CTC IEP meeting or on May 15. The May 15 presentation schedule is posted outside the counseling office. Questions or if you need a time slot to present see your school counselor.
- Attention Seniors: Congratulations to the Post Prom Drawing winners! Courtney Leaman and Morgan Martzall each won a free ticket to the Post Prom. Jordan Sproul is the winner of a free ticket to the Prom. Thank you to all seniors who participated in Mrs. Kirk’s raffle. Seniors, please thank all your parents who are working hard to make the Post Prom one of your favorite Penn Manor memories. Winners: Please see Mrs. Reiner in the main office to collect your prize.
- Attention SENIORS! Be a STAR at graduation! Participate in Celebrate PM Seniors–a Grey Zone production to celebrate the after graduation plans of EVERY graduating senior! We want YOU to be a part of it! Pick up your Orange Flyer in homeroom this week or pick up a flyer in room 207 or the Main Office. All you do is email us a picture of yourself and submit your after-graduation plans! It is FREE to participate and only $5 if you want a copy of the entire production!! Don’t miss out on this chance to be part of a great 2015 memento!
- Seniors—if you have been accepted to a college you must request that your final transcript be sent! Log into Parchment TODAY and request that your transcript be sent to the school you will be attending. Choose “Next Grading Period” when making your request. This will ensure that your transcripts will be sent as soon as your grades are finalized.