Penn Manor High School
May 8, 2015, Day 6
- There will be a meeting in the weight room at 2:15 pm on Tuesday for all boys wanting to try out for the football team. Again, all boys wanting information on football and tryouts should go to the weightroom Tuesday at 2:15 pm to talk to Coach Brubaker.
- Have you ever thought of becoming an Architect? If so The Catholic University of America in Washington D.C is offering a three-week intense workshop geared for high school students with an interest in sampling architectural studies at the university level. Make Washington D.C your classroom this summer. For more information see your School Counselor. The deadline for applications is May 15th.
- Recently the Young Humanitarians raised awareness for several diseases and offered to draw the name of one PM student who participated in these activities. Sarah Baker you are the winner! Please see Miss Brady in Room 207 to claim your Tropical Smoothie gift card and snack! Thanks to Sarah and to all who participated in YHL disease awareness week.
- Does your phone die quickly? Charge it up and grab a snack at the FCCLA stand during Spring Fling.
- In honor of mental health month, which is the month May, Aevidum encourages students to participate in a spirit week. Monday May 11th is “MODEL MONDAY” – Dress classy and sophisticated: Studies have shown that clothes can affect the mind. You will feel confident when you dress well. Aevidum hopes to see you Monday well-dressed and nothing less!
- Attention Juniors planning to attend full day CTC during the 15-16 school year. You are required to present your graduation project prior to attending CTC. You will present your project at your CTC IEP meeting or on May 15. The May 15 presentation schedule is posted outside the counseling office. Questions or if you need a time slot to present see your school counselor.
- Attention Seniors: Congratulations to the Post Prom Drawing winners! Courtney Leaman and Morgan Martzall each won a free ticket to the Post Prom. Jordan Sproul is the winner of a free ticket to the Prom. Thank you to all seniors who participated in Mrs. Kirk’s raffle. Seniors, please thank all your parents who are working hard to make the Post Prom one of your favorite Penn Manor memories. Winners: Please see Mrs. Reiner in the main office to collect your prize.
- Attention Spring Fling Crew: Please check in at the blue ticket sales tent 15 minutes prior to your scheduled shift to pick up your t-shirt. You should wear your crew t-shirt while working your shift. Due to for your hard work we will have another successful Spring Fling.
- Attention Seniors: Post prom will take place at the High School following the prom on Friday, May 15th. Please remember that you do not need to attend the prom in order to come to post prom, but you will need a ticket. Post prom tickets will be on sale in the cafeteria at all lunches starting May 4th and continuing through May 12th. The cost of the ticket is $10 per person. Tickets will also be on sale before and after school in the main office for CTC seniors. See Mrs. Reiner. Doors will open at the East Gym at 11 pm. It is not too late to hand in your Memory Lane poster. Come strike it rich in the casino. Challenge your classmates to some friendly competition. Or simply enjoy hanging out with friends until the wee hours of the morning. Lots of fun… great food and prizes… wear your best Beach Party attire. See you there!
- The Hambright Senior Reception is on Tuesday, May 12th at 3:45 until 4:30. Any graduating senior is welcome to stop in at the new Hambright to say hello to your friends and former teachers. We would love to see everyone and hear about your future plans. There will be food. Stop on by!!
- Come out to Comet Field on Friday May 8th for the Penn Manor Spring Fling! Spring Fling will run from 3:00 – 9:00 p.m. and will include amusement rides, games, inflatable moon bounces and obstacle courses, food and much more. All proceeds from this carnival directly benefit Penn Manor student organizations. The night will end with a dazzling fireworks show that can’t be missed! Parking is free, but by donation to benefit the Penn Manor Family Fund. Hope to see you all there!
- The Senior Sports Awards Social is Monday May 11th at 6:30 pm in the High School Cafeteria. All Senior Athletes and their families are invited to attend to celebrate a year in sports at Penn Manor. If you did not get an invite stop in the Athletic Director’s office to pick up a letter and information.
- Attention SENIORS! Be a STAR at graduation! Participate in Celebrate PM Seniors–a Grey Zone production to celebrate the after graduation plans of EVERY graduating senior! We want YOU to be a part of it! Pick up your Orange Flyer in homeroom this week or pick up a flyer in room 207 or the Main Office. All you do is email us a picture of yourself and submit your after-graduation plans! It is FREE to participate and only $5 if you want a copy of the entire production!! Don’t miss out on this chance to be part of a great 2015 memento!
- Do you love animals? Help the Young Humanitarian League support the ASPCA and the Humane League! From April 27 through May 8, you can donate dog or cat food, toys, towels and blankets, or money. There will be drop off boxes for these items in the library, the main office, and outside 207. If you are donating money, please put it in the jar in the main office or in 207. Thanks!