PENN MANOR DAILY BULLETIN
MAY 5, 2015, DAY 3
- Attention Spring Fling Performers: The schedule for your performance is posted outside of the office. Please check the time that you are scheduled and report to the stage at Spring Fling 15 minutes prior to your time. Please see Stephanie Smith with any questions.
- Congratulations to the boys volleyball team on wrapping up the regular season with a 13-2 record with a 3-0 win last night over Township. Come support the boys as they storm into playoffs.
- Attention Juniors planning to attend full day CTC during the 15-16 school year. You are required to present your graduation project prior to attending CTC. You will present your project at your CTC IEP meeting or on May 15. The May 15 presentation schedule is posted outside the counseling office. Questions or if you need a time slot to present see your school counselor.
- Attention sophomores and juniors planning to attend the Lancaster County Career and Technology for the 15-16 school year. The Lancaster County CTC will be holding new student orientation on Thursday, May 7th at all four campuses. Orientation will start promptly at 5:00pm for the health care cluster. Orientation for all other programs will start at 6:00pm. Questions stop by the counseling office.
- Freshmen: Please remember that our Issac’s Fundraiser is THIS THURSDAY, May 7, from 5-9 PM at the Centerville Road Issac’s. Any food or drink purchase, eat in or take out, will yield a 25% profit for your class, which will go toward prom and the class trip. Please tell your parents to take a night off from cooking on Thursday and head to Issac’s for a delicious sandwich while helping out your class at the same time! Remember to bring the flyer given to you in homeroom in order to give credit to the Class of 2018. If you lost your flyer, stop by room 321 or 322 to pick up another one before Thursday evening. Thanks!
- Attention Spring Fling Crew Members: Check the list posted outside of the main office to make sure you are signed up to work a shift at spring Fling this Friday. Anyone who has not signed up please stop by the office or see Nick Kirk or Hannah Willig as soon as possible. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for your shift and check in at the blue tent to receive your t-shirt.
- Mother’s Day is this Sunday – The Penn Manor Floriculture Class is having a Mother’s Day Flower Sale – Please see the Penn Manor FFA Facebook page for the link to order. You must order by Tuesday.
- Attention Seniors: Post prom will take place at the High School following the prom on Friday, May 15th. Please remember that you do not need to attend the prom in order to come to post prom, but you will need a ticket. Post prom tickets will be on sale in the cafeteria at all lunches starting May 4th and continuing through May 12th. The cost of the ticket is $10 per person. Tickets will also be on sale before and after school in the main office for CTC seniors. See Mrs. Reiner. Doors will open at the East Gym at 11 pm. It is not too late to hand in your Memory Lane poster. Come strike it rich in the casino. Challenge your classmates to some friendly competition. Or simply enjoy hanging out with friends until the wee hours of the morning. Lots of fun… great food and prizes… wear your best Beach Party attire. See you there!
- The Hambright Senior Reception is on Tuesday, May 12th at 3:45 until 4:30. Any graduating senior is welcome to stop in at the new Hambright to say hello to your friends and former teachers. We would love to see everyone and hear about your future plans. There will be food. Stop on by!!
- Come out to Comet Field on Friday May 8th for the Penn Manor Spring Fling! Spring Fling will run from 3:00 – 9:00 p.m. and will include amusement rides, games, inflatable moon bounces and obstacle courses, food and much more. All proceeds from this carnival directly benefit Penn Manor student organizations. The night will end with a dazzling fireworks show that can’t be missed! Parking is free, but by donation to benefit the Penn Manor Family Fund. Hope to see you all there!
- Want a chance to crush your classmates and teachers in a high-intensity sport? If you answered yes, you’re in luck! Everything you’re looking for will be at Spring Fling 2015! The Penn Manor Volleyball Club is hosting the Second-Annual Spring Fling Spiketacular 4 v 4, coed grass tournament on Friday, May 8th at Comet Field. For 5 bucks per player, grab four to six buds and bump, set, and spike your way to awesome prizes and the satisfaction of victory. For more information, see Meredith Stoekl, Maddie Schlemmer, Haley Newton, Emily Cummings, or Mr. Joyce in room 325. Don’t give Mr. Dutchess, Mr. Eshleman, Mrs. Taylor, and Mr. Staub the right to gloat two years in a row! Think you can beat em? Prove it! Come out and play!
- Attention Christian Athletes. First you are welcome to join us any Wednesday morning at 7am in room 236 for fellowship. Second, This week, FCA will be held Thursday morning (May 7) at the Flag Pole for the National Day of Prayer. See you there!
- Attention SENIORS! Be a STAR at graduation! Participate in Celebrate PM Seniors–a Grey Zone production to celebrate the after graduation plans of EVERY graduating senior! We want YOU to be a part of it! Pick up your Orange Flyer in homeroom this week or pick up a flyer in room 207 or the Main Office. All you do is email us a picture of yourself and submit your after-graduation plans! It is FREE to participate and only $5 if you want a copy of the entire production!! Don’t miss out on this chance to be part of a great 2015 memento!
- With the recent events, First Priority invites you to join them on the National Day of Prayer Thurs. May 7th at 7 am at the flagpole. Everybody is invited to come out to worship and pray! Hope to see you there!
- Do you love animals? Help the Young Humanitarian League support the ASPCA and the Humane League! From April 27 through May 8, you can donate dog or cat food, toys, towels and blankets, or money. There will be drop off boxes for these items in the library, the main office, and outside 207. If you are donating money, please put it in the jar in the main office or in 207. Thanks!
- There will be a parent meeting for any student going into grade 7-12 who is interested in playing boys soccer for Penn Manor on Tuesday, May 5th at 7:00 pm in the High School cafeteria.
- Attention any student in need of community service hours. The Conestoga Swim team is looking for volunteers on Saturday, July 18th to help with a Divisional Meet. They are in need of volunteers from 7am-12noon or from 12noon-5pm. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Beth Fulmer at 371-7242.