PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
DAILY BULLETIN – APRIL 30, 2015 – DAY 6
- Attention Mock Trial Team: If you are signed up to go to the Law Daw Luncheon field trip tomorrow May 1st, please meet outside the Central Complex at 11:30. Check your email for further instructions.
- Come out to Comet Field on Friday May 8th for the Penn Manor Spring Fling! Spring Fling will run from 3:00 – 9:00 p.m. and will include amusement rides, games, inflatable moon bounces and obstacle courses, food and much more. All proceeds from this carnival directly benefit Penn Manor student organizations. The night will end with a dazzling fireworks show that can’t be missed! Parking is free, but by donation to benefit the Penn Manor Family Fund. Hope to see you all there!
- Want a chance to crush your classmates and teachers in a high-intensity sport? If you answered yes, you’re in luck! Everything you’re looking for will be at Spring Fling 2015! The Penn Manor Volleyball Club is hosting the Second-Annual Spring Fling Spiketacular 4 v 4, coed grass tournament on Friday, May 8th at Comet Field. For 5 bucks per player, grab four to six buds and bump, set, and spike your way to awesome prizes and the satisfaction of victory. For more information, see Meredith Stoekl, Maddie Schlemmer, Haley Newton, Emily Cummings, or Mr. Joyce in room 325. Don’t give Mr. Dutchess, Mr. Eshleman, Mrs. Taylor, and Mr. Staub the right to gloat two years in a row! Think you can beat em? Prove it! Come out and play!
- ATTENTION ALL SPRING FLING CREW MEMBERS: Job signups will be available at the side table in the cafeteria this Friday at all lunches. All crew members MUST stop over and sign up for the shift they would like to work at Spring Fling. T-shirts will not be distributed until you show up for your shift on time at Spring Fling.
- The Senior Sports Awards Social is Monday May 11th at 6:30 pm in the High School Cafeteria. All Senior Athletes and their families are invited to attend to celebrate a year in sports at Penn Manor. If you did not get an invite stop in the Athletic Director’s office to pick up a letter and information.
- Attention SENIORS! Be a STAR at graduation! Participate in Celebrate PM Seniors–a Grey Zone production to celebrate the after graduation plans of EVERY graduating senior! We want YOU to be a part of it! Pick up your Orange Flyer in homeroom this week or pick up a flyer in room 207 or the Main Office. All you do is email us a picture of yourself and submit your after-graduation plans! It is FREE to participate and only $5 if you want a copy of the entire production!! Don’t miss out on this chance to be part of a great 2015 memento!
- The next FFA meeting will be held on Monday May 7th at 7 PM in room 342. Information about state convention will be available at the meeting. Members who plan to attend the State FFA convention should attend. A Pork Quality Assurance meeting will be held at 3 PM on Monday, May 4 in room 342. All students planning to exhibit swine at the fairs or farm show MUST attend this meeting.
- Attention FFA Members–Greenhand Degree and Chapter degree applications for the spring semester are due on Thursday, April 30. The degrees will be conferred at the FFA meeting on May 4th. Members who are receiving the degrees should wear official dress.
- AP test-takers who were absent on Wednesday must come to room 208 at 10:30 today, after checking in to homeroom for attendance, to complete the data pre-administration. This pre-administration must be done before taking an AP test.
- Attention Seniors: This announcement is for any student planning to enroll in a degree program, college or university for next school year. The deadline to file for the Pennsylvania State Grant is this Friday, May 1st. If you would like to be considered for money from the state it is important that you complete the appropriate application. If you have any questions please see your Counselor.
- Do you love animals? Help the Young Humanitarian League support the ASPCA and the Humane League! From April 27 through May 8, you can donate dog or cat food, toys, towels and blankets, or money. There will be drop off boxes for these items in the library, the main office, and outside 207. If you are donating money, please put it in the jar in the main office or in 207. Thanks!
- Did you miss out on FCCLA’s Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Pretzel sale for Valentine’s day? You are in luck… we are selling them again for Mother’s Day. At a low price of $2 for 2 , $4 for 4, and $6 for 6 but make sure you get your order forms in by May 4th, since they need to be preordered. Important Dates: May 4th- Deadline for orders (3pm) May 8th- 2nd block Deliveries If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Sheerer or/ an FCCLA officer- Jasmine Torres, Purity Moenga, Ahmade Gordon, Morgan Conner, and Sharon Moenga
- There will be a parent meeting for any student going into grade 7-12 who is interested in playing boys soccer for Penn Manor on Tuesday, May 5th at 7:00 pm in the High School cafeteria.