Penn Manor High School
Daily Bulletin – April 29, 2015 – Day 4
- Students participating in the mentoring ropes course this afternoon should meet in room 244 by 3:00.
- Want a chance to crush your classmates and teachers in a high-intensity sport? If you answered yes, you’re in luck! Everything you’re looking for will be at Spring Fling 2015! The Penn Manor Volleyball Club is hosting the Second-Annual Spring Fling Spiketacular 4 v 4, coed grass tournament on Friday, May 8th at Comet Field. For 5 bucks per player, grab four to six buds and bump, set, and spike your way to awesome prizes and the satisfaction of victory. For more information, see Meredith Stoekl, Maddie Schlemmer, Haley Newton, Emily Cummings, or Mr. Joyce in room 325. Don’t give Mr. Dutchess, Mr. Eshleman, Mrs. Taylor, and Mr. Staub the right to gloat two years in a row! Think you can beat em? Prove it! Come out and play!
- ATTENTION ALL SPRING FLING CREW MEMBERS: Job signups will be available at the side table in the cafeteria this Friday at all lunches. All crew members MUST stop over and sign up for the shift they would like to work at Spring Fling. T-shirts will not be distributed until you show up for your shift on time at Spring Fling
- The Senior Sports Awards Social is Monday May 11th at 6:30 pm in the High School Cafeteria. All Senior Athletes and their families are invited to attend to celebrate a year in sports at Penn Manor. If you did not get an invite stop in the Athletic Director’s office to pick up a letter and information.
- Attention SENIORS! Be a STAR at graduation! Participate in Celebrate PM Seniors–a Grey Zone production to celebrate the after graduation plans of EVERY graduating senior! We want YOU to be a part of it! Pick up your Orange Flyer in homeroom this week or pick up a flyer in room 207 or the Main Office. All you do is email us a picture of yourself and submit your after-graduation plans! It is FREE to participate and only $5 if you want a copy of the entire production!! Don’t miss out on this chance to be part of a great 2015 memento!
- Brittany Hook is the Softball Athlete of the Week. Brittany has been leading the Softball Team this week and season with her outstanding pitching. To date this year she has pitched 86 innings, striking out 169, an Earned Run Average of .73, and the opposing teams batting average is .145. Theo McElheny is the Boys Track Athlete of the Week. Theo competes in the 100, 4×100 realy and the 400. He has done everything the coaches have asked of him, does it with a positive attitude, and gives 100%. Sarah Stackhouse is the Girls Track Athlete of the Week. Sarah competes in the 300 hurdles, 4 x 100 realy and long jump and has the most positive and upbeat attitude. Griffin Sangrey is our Volleyball Athlete of the Week. Griffin is quite possibly the most explosive player Penn Manor has ever seen–on defense and offense. Already one of the best defenders in Penn Manor history, he’s now added to his repertoire outside hitting. Opponents are keeping a close eye on him. He’s destroying front-row attacks, back-row attacks, and jump serves, and he’s plowing the way for us to a strong playoff run.
- Girls fall tennis sign ups will meet this Wednesday April 29th at 3:00 pm in the cafeteria.
- Attention Seniors – in just a few short weeks, we will have our class trip to Dorney Park on May 29th… if you want to go, you MUST reserve a space and order your ticket by this Friday, May 1st. Cost is $40 per person which covers your admission ticket and the bus transportation. Friday, May 29th is your last day of classes – wouldn’t you rather spend it riding rollercoasters or enjoying the water rides & wave pool? Visit our class blog to download an order form. See Mrs. Mintzer or Mrs. Sheerer with any questions.
- The next FFA meeting will be held on Monday May 7th at 7 PM in room 342. Information about state convention will be available at the meeting. Members who plan to attend the State FFA convention should attend. A Pork Quality Assurance meeting will be held at 3 PM on Monday, May 4 in room 342. All students planning to exhibit swine at the fairs or farm show MUST attend this meeting.
- Attention FFA Members–Greenhand Degree and Chapter degree applications for the spring semester are due on Thursday, April 30. The degrees will be conferred at the FFA meeting on May 4th. Members who are receiving the degrees should wear official dress.
- Attention Seniors: This announcement is for any student planning to enroll in a degree program, college or university for next school year. The deadline to file for the Pennsylvania State Grant is this Friday, May 1st. If you would like to be considered for money from the state it is important that you complete the appropriate application. If you have any questions please see your Counselor.
- Internship students be sure to turn in your signed logbook and time sheet this week in the west gym office.
- Attention Seniors: Anyone still interested in joining the Baccalaureate Planning Committee, please report to room 218 Wednesday, during homeroom. Again, any senior interested in helping with the Baccalaureate Committee, please come to room 218 Wednesday during homeroom.
- Did you miss out on FCCLA’s Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Pretzel sale for Valentine’s day? You are in luck… we are selling them again for Mother’s Day. At a low price of $2 for 2 , $4 for 4, and $6 for 6 but make sure you get your order forms in by May 4th, since they need to be preordered. Important Dates: May 4th- Deadline for orders (3pm) May 8th- 2nd block Deliveries If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Sheerer or/ an FCCLA officer- Jasmine Torres, Purity Moenga, Ahmade Gordon, Morgan Conner, and Sharon Moenga