PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
APRIL 24, 2015, DAY 2
• Lacrosse Players, the bus for tonight’s contest at L-S will depart from Comet Field at 4:30pm. The locker room will be open at 4:00pm.
• The boys volleyball team improved to 11-1 with a 3-0 win over CV last night. Come out to Hempfield this coming Tuesday to support your Comets, who are ranked ninth in the state, as they take on Hempfield, who’s ranked fifth. With your support, the Comets could force a Section-title playoff.
• There will be a meeting next Tuesday at 7:30 am in the Central Complex lobby for any boy interested in trying out for basketball next year and would like to be involved in off season activities. Coach Bellew will be in the Central Complex lobby to sign up interested players and hand out paperwork.
• Attention Spanish Club members: If you are interested buying a Spanish club shirt, please see Mrs Rodriguez ASAP to place your order. Orders and payment are due by May 1st.
• The Penn Manor Spring Fling is looking for acts to perform at this years event. Sign up to show off your talents to a large audience of your peers and community members. Sign ups are posted on the bulletin board outside of the auditorium and in the main office. Any questions see Steph Smith, Hannah Willig or Nick Kirk.
• Do you love animals? Help the Young Humanitarian League support the ASPCA and the Humane League! From April 27 through May 8, you can donate dog or cat food, toys, towels and blankets, or money. There will be drop off boxes for these items in the library, the main office, and outside 207. If you are donating money, please put it in the jar in the main office or in 207. Thanks!
• The Penn Manor Marching Unit is holding a color guard open house and recruitment night on Tuesday, April 28 from 5-7 pm in the High School band room for all returning and new members. If you ever considered joining the guard, come out to find out more about the program, meet the staff, and try spinning a flag. Our 2015 show will feature many colorful elements that the color guard will bring to the program. We hope to see you there! See Mr. Johnson if you have any questions.
• Did you miss out on FCCLA’s Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Pretzel sale for Valentine’s day? You are in luck… we are selling them again for Mother’s Day. At a low price of $2 for 2 , $4 for 4, and $6 for 6 but make sure you get your order forms in by May 4th, since they need to be preordered. Important Dates: May 4th- Deadline for orders (3pm) May 8th- 2nd block Deliveries If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Sheerer or/ an FCCLA officer- Jasmine Torres, Purity Moenga, Ahmade Gordon, Morgan Conner, and Sharon Moenga
• Attention Penn Manor! Come out to see the talent Penn Manor has to offer. The show is Saturday, April 25 at 7pm. Doors open at 6:30. Tickets are $7 at the door. Come and enjoy the show!
• New Scholastic book orders have arrived! Please pick up a catalog in the library or select classrooms. This is the last order of the year, so stock up on summer books now.
• The County FFA Softball tournament is coming on May 3rd. Please sign up in room 342 and take a permission slip. Permission slips are due THIS FRIDAY. No late slips will be accepted. The next FFA meeting will be held on Monday May 7th at 7 PM in room 342. Greenhand and Chapter FFA degrees will be awarded at the meeting. Students who wish to receive these degrees should hand in applications no later than Thursday, April 30th. Help and equipment is still needed for the community service project on Monday, April 27th after school. Please sign up in room 342 and talk to Mr. Fellenbaum if you have yard clean-up equipment or a trailer to use.
• Any students who signed up for Creative Publication/Yearbook class next year MUST complete and submit an application. Applications can be found on the counter in the main office. ALL applications are due no later than Wednesday, April 29th! Any questions, please see Ms. Dowd.
• About 1 in 8 women in the United States will develop breast cancer at some point in their lives. If caught early enough, the 5 year survival rate for someone with breast cancer is 90%. If you are wearing pink, remember to stop by the side table at lunch to receive your candy and enter the drawing. Thanks for supporting YHL’s disease awareness week. Winners of the drawing will be announced next week.
• There will be a parent meeting for any student going into grade 7-12 who is interested in playing boys soccer for Penn Manor on Tuesday, May 5th at 7:00 pm in the High School cafeteria.
• Penn Manor Marching Band is having it’s annual book sale on Friday, April 24th from 4:00 to 8:00 PM and on Saturday, April 25th from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Approximately 20,000 books will be grouped by category and displayed on tables in the high school cafeteria. Everything will be priced to sell, with paperbacks and hardbacks priced separately. Donations are needed for this event and will be accepted on Thursdays, April 9th and 16th from 5:30 until 7:30. A drive up drop off will be available at the outside door to the band room. Volunteers will be available to help unload books. We accept gently used books (hardcover or soft), puzzles, DVD’s, and games. For more information or questions concerning the sale, you can contact Lisa McHenry at firstname.lastname@example.org