PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
APRIL 23, 2015, DAY 1
• Penn Manor, come on out tonight for the boys volleyball team’s Senior Night as the 10-1 Comets take on Conestoga Valley at 7 p.m. in the East Gym.
• Attention all performers: Are you looking for a venue to show off your talents? If so, sign up for the free stage time at the annual Penn Manor Spring Fling. Sign ups are posted on the bulletin board outside of the auditorium and in the main office. Any questions see Steph Smith, Hannah Willig or Nick Kirk.
• TSA will not be meeting during homeroom today. TSA members should remain in their assigned homerooms.
• Do you love animals? Help the Young Humanitarian League support the ASPCA and the Humane League! From April 27 through May 8, you can donate dog or cat food, toys, towels and blankets, or money. There will be drop off boxes for these items in the library, the main office, and outside 207. If you are donating money, please put it in the jar in the main office or in 207. Thanks!
• The Penn Manor Marching Unit is holding a color guard open house and recruitment night on Tuesday, April 28 from 5-7 pm in the High School band room for all returning and new members. If you ever considered joining the guard, come out to find out more about the program, meet the staff, and try spinning a flag. Our 2015 show will feature many colorful elements that the color guard will bring to the program. We hope to see you there! See Mr. Johnson if you have any questions.
• Did you miss out on FCCLA’s Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Pretzel sale for Valentine’s day? You are in luck… we are selling them again for Mother’s Day. At a low price of $2 for 2 , $4 for 4, and $6 for 6 but make sure you get your order forms in by May 4th, since they need to be preordered. Important Dates: May 4th- Deadline for orders (3pm) May 8th- 2nd block Deliveries If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Sheerer or/ an FCCLA officer- Jasmine Torres, Purity Moenga, Ahmade Gordon, Morgan Conner, and Sharon Moenga
• Attention ETPM cast! This is a reminder that practices are held this week in the auditorium starting at 4pm. Make sure you are there! Attention Penn Manor! Come out to see the talent Penn Manor has to offer. The show is Saturday, April 25 at 7pm. Doors open at 6:30. Tickets are $7 at the door. Come and enjoy the show!
• New Scholastic book orders have arrived! Please pick up a catalog in the library or select classrooms. This is the last order of the year, so stock up on summer books now.
• The Life Skills class will be in the cafeteria during all three lunches on Tuesday, April 21st through Thursday, April 23rd. Many Mother’s and Father’s day gifts to choose from. Please support our Life Skills class by purchasing a craft or two!
• The County FFA Softball tournament is coming on May 3rd. Please sign up in room 342 and take a permission slip. Permission slips are due THIS FRIDAY. No late slips will be accepted. The next FFA meeting will be held on Monday May 7th at 7 PM in room 342. Greenhand and Chapter FFA degrees will be awarded at the meeting. Students who wish to receive these degrees should hand in applications no later than Thursday, April 30th. Help and equipment is still needed for the community service project on Monday, April 27th after school. Please sign up in room 342 and talk to Mr. Fellenbaum if you have yard clean-up equipment or a trailer to use.
• Any students who signed up for Creative Publication/Yearbook class next year MUST complete and submit an application. Applications can be found on the counter in the main office. ALL applications are due no later than Wednesday, April 29th! Any questions, please see Ms. Dowd.
• Down Syndrome is a genetic disorder caused by an extra copy of the 21st chromosome. It causes disability and mental handicap. Down Syndrome occurs in about 1 in every 600 births each year in the United States. If you are wearing blue, remember to stop by the side table at lunch to receive your candy and enter the drawing. Wear pink tomorrow to raise awareness for breast cancer.
• Are you interested in cheering your Penn Manor sports teams onto victory? The PMHS parent/cheerleader information meeting is on April 27th from 6-7:30pm in the high school cafeteria. Open gyms are April 29th, May 5th and May 7th from 6-8pm. Tryouts are May 12th-14th.
• Attention Junior Class! Don’t forget to be selling those Pork BBQ tickets. All money and forms are due by April 24th. You can return them to the blue box in the main office. See your officers, Mrs. Kramer or Mr. Eshleman with any questions!
• Attention NHS members: we will be meeting Thursday, April 23 during homeroom in the auditorium. Please contact Mrs. Myers or Mrs. Henderson in advance, if you have a conflict.
• Penn Manor Marching Band is having it’s annual book sale on Friday, April 24th from 4:00 to 8:00 PM and on Saturday, April 25th from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Approximately 20,000 books will be grouped by category and displayed on tables in the high school cafeteria. Everything will be priced to sell, with paperbacks and hardbacks priced separately. Donations are needed for this event and will be accepted on Thursdays, April 9th and 16th from 5:30 until 7:30. A drive up drop off will be available at the outside door to the band room. Volunteers will be available to help unload books. We accept gently used books (hardcover or soft), puzzles, DVD’s, and games. For more information or questions concerning the sale, you can contact Lisa McHenry at firstname.lastname@example.org
• There will be a parent meeting for any student going into grade 7-12 who is interested in playing boys soccer for Penn Manor on Tuesday, May 5th at 7:00 pm in the High School cafeteria.