PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
APRIL 21, 2015, DAY 5
• Attention ETPM cast! This is a reminder that practices are held this week in the auditorium starting at 4pm. Make sure you are there! Attention Penn Manor! Come out to see the talent Penn Manor has to offer. The show is Saturday, April 25 at 7pm. Doors open at 6:30. Tickets are $7 at the door. Come and enjoy the show!
• Congratulations to the TSA members who represented the High School at the TSA State Conference last week. A special congratulations to sophomore Kyle Groff for his semi-finalist finish in Material Processing and sophomore Colin Cunningham who finalized with a 5th place finish in Essays on Technology! Great job to all who participated.
• New Scholastic book orders have arrived! Please pick up a catalog in the library or select classrooms. This is the last order of the year, so stock up on summer books now.
• The Life Skills class will be in the cafeteria during all three lunches on Tuesday, April 21st through Thursday, April 23rd. Many Mother’s and Father’s day gifts to choose from. Please support our Life Skills class by purchasing a craft or two!
• The County FFA Softball tournament is coming on May 3rd. Please sign up in room 342 and take a permission slip. Permission slips are due THIS FRIDAY. No late slips will be accepted. The next FFA meeting will be held on Monday May 7th at 7 PM in room 342. Greenhand and Chapter FFA degrees will be awarded at the meeting. Students who wish to receive these degrees should hand in applications no later than Thursday, April 30th. Help and equipment is still needed for the community service project on Monday, April 27th after school. Please sign up in room 342 and talk to Mr. Fellenbaum if you have yard clean-up equipment or a trailer to use.
• Any students who signed up for Creative Publication/Yearbook class next year MUST complete and submit an application. Applications can be found on the counter in the main office. ALL applications are due no later than Wednesday, April 29th! Any questions, please see Ms. Dowd.
• AT is a rare neurodegenerative disease that affects the nervous and immune systems and causes severe disability. It occurs in about 1 in 40,000 to 100,000 people worldwide. If you are wearing red and black, remember to stop by the side table at lunch to receive your candy and enter the drawing. Wear animal print tomorrow to raise awareness for EDS.
• Attention Junior Class! Don’t forget to be selling those Pork BBQ tickets. All money and forms are due by April 24th. You can return them to the blue box in the main office. See your officers, Mrs. Kramer or Mr. Eshleman with any questions!
• Attention NHS members: we will be meeting Thursday, April 23 during homeroom in the auditorium. Please contact Mrs. Myers or Mrs. Henderson in advance, if you have a conflict.
• There will be a parent meeting for any student going into grade 7-12 who is interested in playing boys soccer for Penn Manor on Tuesday, May 5th at 7:00 pm in the High School cafeteria.
• Penn Manor Marching Band is having it’s annual book sale on Friday, April 24th from 4:00 to 8:00 PM and on Saturday, April 25th from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Approximately 20,000 books will be grouped by category and displayed on tables in the high school cafeteria. Everything will be priced to sell, with paperbacks and hardbacks priced separately. Donations are needed for this event and will be accepted on Thursdays, April 9th and 16th from 5:30 until 7:30. A drive up drop off will be available at the outside door to the band room. Volunteers will be available to help unload books. We accept gently used books (hardcover or soft), puzzles, DVD’s, and games. For more information or questions concerning the sale, you can contact Lisa McHenry at firstname.lastname@example.org