PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
APRIL 20, 2015, DAY 4
• Any students who signed up for Creative Publication/Yearbook class next year MUST complete and submit an application. Applications can be found on the counter in the main office. ALL applications are due no later than Wednesday, April 29th! Any questions, please see Ms. Dowd.
• Chiari is a deformation of the cerebellum, the part of the brain that deals with coordination and balance. Brain tissue from the cerebellum extends into the spinal canal causing pain and headaches. It occurs in about 1 in 1,000 births. If you are wearing purple, remember to stop by the side table at lunch to receive your candy and enter the drawing. Wear red and black tomorrow to raise awareness for AT.
• Attention Junior Class
! Don’t forget to be selling those Pork BBQ tickets. All money and forms are due by April 24th. You can return them to the blue box in the main office. See your officers, Mrs. Kramer or Mr. Eshleman with any questions!
• Attention NHS members: we will be meeting Thursday, April 23 during homeroom in the auditorium. Please contact Mrs. Myers or Mrs. Henderson in advance, if you have a conflict.
• There will be a parent meeting for any student going into grade 7-12 who is interested in playing boys soccer for Penn Manor on Tuesday, May 5th at 7:00 pm in the High School cafeteria.
• Penn Manor Marching Band is having it’s annual book sale on Friday, April 24th from 4:00 to 8:00 PM and on Saturday, April 25th from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Approximately 20,000 books will be grouped by category and displayed on tables in the high school cafeteria. Everything will be priced to sell, with paperbacks and hardbacks priced separately. Donations are needed for this event and will be accepted on Thursdays, April 9th and 16th from 5:30 until 7:30. A drive up drop off will be available at the outside door to the band room. Volunteers will be available to help unload books. We accept gently used books (hardcover or soft), puzzles, DVD’s, and games. For more information or questions concerning the sale, you can contact Lisa McHenry at email@example.com
• Attention any student in need of community service hours. The Conestoga Swim team is looking for volunteers on Saturday, July 18th to help with a Divisional Meet. They are in need of volunteers from 7am-12noon or from 12noon-5pm. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Beth Fulmer at 371-7242.