PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
APRIL 17, 2015, DAY 3
• The boys volleyball team improved to 9-1 last night with a sweep of Cedar Crest. Good luck to both JV and Varsity at this weekend’s Koller Classic.
• Scholastic Book orders are due this Friday, April 17th by the end of the day. Please turn in your order forms at the library.
• Attention football players, there will be a weight lifting clinic for any current 9th grader, or any football player who has not yet been to the weight room, on Saturday, April 18th from 8am to 9:30am. This will be a chance to learn the lifts and meet Coach Brubaker. The Clinic will be held in the high school weight room. Any questions, see Coach O’Neill in the weight room.
• The Young Humanitarian League
is sponsoring a spirit week, over the week of April 20th, to raise awareness for certain diseases. Each day they are asking that you wear a different color for a different disease. If you participate in wearing that days color you will receive a piece of candy during either lunch or homeroom, and your name will be entered in a drawing for a free snack and smoothie from the snack cart. Donation jars will be available at all lunches, in the office, and in Miss Brady’s room. Monday is wear purple day for Chiari awareness. Check the banner in the cafeteria to see what diseases will be represented the rest of the week!
• Attention Junior Class! Don’t forget to be selling those Pork BBQ tickets. All money and forms are due by April 24th. You can return them to the blue box in the main office. See your officers, Mrs. Kramer or Mr. Eshleman with any questions!
• Attention FFA Members: Sign up is available for a Community Service project after school on April 27. Please come to 342 to sign up and help those in need in the community. A job opportunity is available paying $10 per hour. See Mr. Fellenbaum for details. If you have not signed up for SAE project this year, please do so using the link posted on the Manor FFA website. The County FFA Softball Tournament will be held on May 3. The sign up sheet and field trip forms are in room 342. Permission slips are due on April 24th.
• There will be a parent meeting for any student going into grade 7-12 who is interested in playing boys soccer for Penn Manor on Tuesday, May 5th at 7:00 pm in the High School cafeteria.
• Need some new clothes or a prom dress? Come to the Spring Clothing Drive at Manor Middle School on Saturday, April 18, 2015 from 8 AM-11 AM to get some free clothing or choose from an assortment of free prom dresses.
• Attention Seniors- MONDAY, April 20th if the LAST day to buy Prom tickets they are being sold at Auditorium lobby before and after school. Make sure to pay your obligations.
• Attention to All FFA Members! If you were planning to go on the 2015 Farm Show Field Trip you are now eligible for the spring trip. See an ag teacher for a field trip form. Forms are due April 29.
• The High School baseball team will be selling T-Shirts in support of the Wounded Warrior Project in the cafeteria at lunch time, cost is $10. Thank you for your consideration in supporting this worthy project.
• Penn Manor Marching Band is having it’s annual book sale on Friday, April 24th from 4:00 to 8:00 PM and on Saturday, April 25th from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Approximately 20,000 books will be grouped by category and displayed on tables in the high school cafeteria. Everything will be priced to sell, with paperbacks and hardbacks priced separately. Donations are needed for this event and will be accepted on Thursdays, April 9th and 16th from 5:30 until 7:30. A drive up drop off will be available at the outside door to the band room. Volunteers will be available to help unload books. We accept gently used books (hardcover or soft), puzzles, DVD’s, and games. For more information or questions concerning the sale, you can contact Lisa McHenry at email@example.com