PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
APRIL 8, 2015, DAY 2
• FFA Members – last chance to order this year’s winning chapter design t-shirt. See Mrs. Cornman today if interested.
• The Boys Volleyball Team handed a tough Warwick team their first loss last night, 3-0, to improve to 6-1 overall. The boys play Manheim Township in the East Gym Thursday.
• ATTENTION SPRING FLING CREW: Don’t forget to pick up your sub orders in the central complex tomorrow at 2:30. All orders must be picked up at this time, no exceptions. Sub money must be turned in by April 14th.
• Students you are invited
to the Green Jobs Seminar on April 16th in the auditorium during homeroom. What can you learn if you attend? The growing jobs in the industry that applies skills to reserve natural resources, develop natural products and create renewable energy. Join the guest speakers in the auditorium by signing up on the high school blog.
• All Agriculture students who are showing animals or completing another SAE project for credit need to sign up for the class using the Google Form. The link for the form is posted on the Manor FFA website or can be obtained from an advisor. Please sign up by Friday, April 10th
• Attention FFA members: Students planning to compete in Regional CDE’s on April 28th should turn in field trip forms by Friday April 10th. Students interested in attending the 360 Vision conference on April 25th should also hand in field trip forms by April 10th.
• Attention junior girls, Would you like to apply to be the next Optimist Queen? If so, stop in the counseling office for an application. Deadline to apply is this Friday, April 10th. Young ladies that apply should be involved in extracurricular activities and have a commitment to serving this school and community. Stop in the counseling office for an application.
• Attention all girls interested in playing for the volleyball team: The Penn Manor Girls’ Volleyball Team will be hosting an open gym this Wednesday, April 8th from 6:00PM to 8:00PM in the high school’s East Gym. All girls interested in playing for the team are asked to attend, or notify Coach Joyce if you cannot participate.
• Penn Manor Marching Band is having it’s annual book sale on Friday, April 24th from 4:00 to 8:00 PM and on Saturday, April 25th from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Approximately 20,000 books will be grouped by category and displayed on tables in the high school cafeteria. Everything will be priced to sell, with paperbacks and hardbacks priced separately. Donations are needed for this event and will be accepted on Thursdays, April 9th and 16th from 5:30 until 7:30. A drive up drop off will be available at the outside door to the band room. Volunteers will be available to help unload books. We accept gently used books (hardcover or soft), puzzles, DVD’s, and games. For more information or questions concerning the sale, you can contact Lisa McHenry at email@example.com
• Attention staff and students-Next week: April 6 through April 10, the Young Humanitarians are collecting items for care packages that will go to deployed military troops. We are collecting snack items like beef jerky, small bags of chips, nuts, & trail mix. We are collecting personal care items and recreational items like cross word puzzles, playing cards, and Frisbees. Or you could just donate money and we will purchase items for the care packages. Items or cash will be accepted at all lunches April 6- 10. Show our troops you care!
• Attention Seniors: If you would be interested in being on the Planning Committee for this year’s Baccalaureate Service, please sign up either in the office or with Mrs. Rottmund in room 222. Our first meeting will be Wednesday, April 15.
• Attention NHS members: Our April Meeting will be held Wednesday, April 8th in the auditorium. If you have a conflict, please contact Mrs. Henderson or Mrs. Myers prior to the meeting. Please Check the NHS Blog for updates.