PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
APRIL 7, 2015, DAY 1
· Penn Manor, the Boys Volleyball Team needs your support this week against two undefeated teams, Warwick and Manheim Township. Come out to the East Gym at 7 p.m. tonight to support the boys as they take on Warwick. The boys will take on Township Thursday at our home.
· Students you are invited to the Green Jobs Seminar on April 16th in the auditorium during homeroom. What can you learn if you attend? The growing jobs in the industry that applies skills to reserve natural resources, develop natural products and create renewable energy. Join the guest speakers in the auditorium by signing up on the high school blog.
· The library will close today after school at 3:00.
· All Agriculture students who are showing animals or completing another SAE project for credit need to sign up for the class using the Google Form. The link for the form is posted on the Manor FFA website or can be obtained from an advisor. Please sign up by Friday, April 10th.
· Attention FFA members: Students planning to compete in Regional CDE’s on April 28th should turn in field trip forms by Friday April 10th. Students interested in attending the 360 Vision conference on April 25th should also hand in field trip forms by April 10th.
· The Manor FFA meeting will be held today at 7 PM in room 342. The theme for this meeting is “Dress like your ag teacher”. Please come and help make decisions for your chapter!
· Attention junior girls, Would you like to apply to be the next Optimist Queen? If so, stop in the counseling office for an application. Deadline to apply is this Friday, April 10th. Young ladies that apply should be involved in extracurricular activities and have a commitment to serving this school and community. Stop in the counseling office for an application.
· Attention all girls interested in playing for the volleyball team: The Penn Manor Girls’ Volleyball Team will be hosting an open gym this Wednesday, April 8th from 6:00PM to 8:00PM in the high school’s East Gym. All girls interested in playing for the team are asked to attend, or notify Coach Joyce if you cannot participate.
· Attention any student in need of community service hours. The Conestoga Swim team is looking for volunteers on Saturday, July 18th to help with a Divisional Meet. They are in need of volunteers from 7am-12noon or from 12noon-5pm. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Beth Fulmer at 371-7242.
· Attention staff and students-Next week: April 6 through April 10, the Young Humanitarians are collecting items for care packages that will go to deployed military troops. We are collecting snack items like beef jerky, small bags of chips, nuts, & trail mix. We are collecting personal care items and recreational items like cross word puzzles, playing cards, and Frisbees. Or you could just donate money and we will purchase items for the care packages. Items or cash will be accepted at all lunches April 6- 10. Show our troops you care!
· Attention Seniors: If you would be interested in being on the Planning Committee for this year’s Baccalaureate Service, please sign up either in the office or with Mrs. Rottmund in room 222. Our first meeting will be Wednesday, April 15.
· The Serteen club is continuing the Pennies for Patients campaign. Please help give to this worthy cause. The 5 year survival rate of children under 20 with Leukemia has risen from 5% to 95% in the last 50 years. Your help can help continue to increase the odds of survival for victims of blood cancers. Please donate to a Serteen club member today.
· Attention NHS members: Our April Meeting will be held Wednesday, April 8th in the auditorium. If you have a conflict, please contact Mrs. Henderson or Mrs. Myers prior to the meeting. Please Check the NHS Blog for updates.
· Attention senior athletes. The Penn Manor Coaches Association offers scholarships to seniors who have excelled as athletes and students. See Mr. Roth in the athletic director’s office or Mrs. O’Day in room 328 for an application.
· Penn Manor Marching Band is having it’s annual book sale on Friday, April 24th from 4:00 to 8:00 PM and on Saturday, April 25th from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Approximately 20,000 books will be grouped by category and displayed on tables in the high school cafeteria. Everything will be priced to sell, with paperbacks and hardbacks priced separately. Donations are needed for this event and will be accepted on Thursdays, April 9th and 16th from 5:30 until 7:30. A drive up drop off will be available at the outside door to the band room. Volunteers will be available to help unload books. We accept gently used books (hardcover or soft), puzzles, DVD’s, and games. For more information or questions concerning the sale, you can contact Lisa McHenry at firstname.lastname@example.org