PENN MANOR HIGH SCHOOL
APRIL 6, 2015, DAY 6
· Thank you to all the fans who supported the boys’ volleyball team in their loss to Hempfield. Against all odds, the boys mounted a huge comeback, only to fall short in the 5th set, 13-15. Great fight, gents! Sam Greenslade fought through a fever to pick up 27 kills, and Noah Leichliter was near unstoppable with 20 kills.
· Attention any student in need of community service hours. The Conestoga Swim team is looking for volunteers on Saturday, July 18th to help with a Divisional Meet. They are in need of volunteers from 7am-12noon or from 12noon-5pm. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Beth Fulmer at 371-7242.
· Attention staff and students-Next week: April 6 through April 10, the Young Humanitarians are collecting items for care packages that will go to deployed military troops. We are collecting snack items like beef jerky, small bags of chips, nuts, & trail mix. We are collecting personal care items and recreational items like cross word puzzles, playing cards, and Frisbees. Or you could just donate money and we will purchase items for the care packages. Items or cash will be accepted at all lunches April 6- 10. Show our troops you care!
· Attention seniors: If you would be interested in being on the Planning Committee for this year’s Baccalaureate Service, please sign up either in the office or with Mrs. Rottmund in room 222. Our first meeting will be Wednesday, April 15.
· The Serteen club is continuing the Pennies for Patients campaign. Please help give to this worthy cause. The 5 year survival rate of children under 20 with Leukemia has risen from 5% to 95% in the last 50 years. Your help can help continue to increase the odds of survival for victims of blood cancers. Please donate to a Serteen club member today.
· Attention NHS members: Our April Meeting will be held Wednesday, April 8th in the auditorium. If you have a conflict, please contact Mrs. Henderson or Mrs. Myers prior to the meeting. Please Check the NHS Blog for updates.