On Thursday, November 8, 2012 a small fire occurred in the FCS Wing of Penn Manor High School. While the fire was contained to the immediate area, there was wide spread smoke throughout the building. Penn Manor has been working with Paul Davis Restoration to ensure a thorough clean up of all areas infected by the smoke occurs. The district has also contracted with an industrial hygienist from Aether Assessments, LLC to monitor the safety of Penn Manor High School. To view the full report by Aether Assessments, LLC, please visit: http://www.pennmanor.net/blog/2012/11/12/penn-manor-high-school-cleared-to-resume-classes/
Here are some of the highlights of work accomplished over the past three days as shared with us by Paul Davis Restoration:
- Contents have moved out of the rooms surrounding the fire and taken offsite for cleaning or disposal.
- Containment has been set to preserve the point of origin and will be off limits to students, staff, and faculty until fully cleaned.
- Deodorization has been set throughout the building.
- Air scrubbing continues.
- Thermal fogging was completed and deodorizing equipment is improving air quality and masking the odor.
- Ozone is being used in the source area as well as the auditorium.
We expect the cleaning process to continue for the next few weeks. During this time, there will be areas of the building that will not be used. Some classes will be moved to other classrooms and some hallways will be closed off to student traffic, but available in the event of an emergency for evacuation.
We appreciate everyone’s support and cooperation as we make our way through the clean up process. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Gale, high school principal, at 717-872-9520, ext. 1809 or Philip.email@example.com.